Monday, October 14, 2013

Creative Thoughts

I've been doing a lot of thinking about where I want to focus my creative talents.  I feel funny saying creative talents, because I feel like it is a little arrogant.  I guess, that I have to admit that we all have talents, and mine is loving and doing different types of crafts.

At one point, I was thinking that I need to focus more on one type of creative art area, but I am rethinking that.  I think that I love too many different craft forms to allow myself to only have one.  I don't think I would enjoy things if I felt limited.  I do think that there are some art/crafts areas that don't appeal to me as much, like painting and other fine arts, but I love paper arts, fiber arts, glass art, clay art, and many more that I can't think of right now.

Yes, I need to spend more time learning about these different creative outlets, and some people may not think that what I do is art, but I believe that any form of creativity is art wether it is fine art or "crafting".    I think that I need to take some time and focus on one area for a short time, and then I can move on and learn more about another area.  I know that I would not be happy if I were to limit myself to just quilting or just paper crafts.  I would not be living true to myself and what I needed.

Another area where I love being creative is with food.  I love cooking and making new recipes, especially healthy ones.  I am hoping that being creative and healthy with food and other mediums will make me a happy person.  I am hoping to find a way to have more time living and doing what I am passionate about, not jut what will make money.  I want to live a radiant life!

Live your life radiantly!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment