Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Thinking

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, a lot of thinking about my career and where I want it to go.  I have prayed.  I have asked the universe to help me.  I have even tried to follow "The Secret" ways of getting what you want in like (or at least as I remember how to follow it).  I have spent time asking God and the universe for signs to guide me in the right direction.  I have literally said, out loud, what it is that I want out of my career.  I am starting to wonder if I am getting signs and starting to see them, but dear is getting in my way.  Being fearful, is not how to life a radiant life!

I was watching an episode of "Chopped", on the Food Channel, one night and I remember hearing one of the chefs talking about deciding to become a chef.  He basically said, he knew that he wanted to be a chef when cooking was all that he thought about.  That really resonated with me.  Here I am trying to figure out where to take my career, and here is this guy talking about choosing a career based on thinking about an area all the time.  What is it that I think about all the time?

I constantly think about creating all the time.  I really believe that I would be happy in a career in the craft industry, but I don't think I could make money at it.  I have said, out loud, that I would love to be an art teacher in our town's public school system.  I would love to use creative crafts to teach kids different things.  I'm not exactly sure how or what I would teach, but I would love to have the opportunity to work with the art department and other teachers, such as history and math, to create lesson plans.  Of course, I would be happy to do this in any school system, but it would be perfect for it to be in my town and it would be perfect if part of my benefit package included full day preschool and full day kindergarten.

I have also thought that it would be fun to work with Create Artisan Studios, a friend's creative studio, to teach classes.  She has asked me to teach some classes, but my fear of being in front of people and my fear of failure is holding me back.  I really want to do that.  I would love to do that a couple of nights a week instead of working in a nursing home. I don't want to be afraid to follow my dreams and passions.  I feel like this may be the opportunity and one of the signs that I asked for.  How do I take it?  What if I fail?  What if no one is interested?

I have started a pinterest folder to set aside ideas for potential classes.  What would I like to teach?  I can see a basic knitting class, a basic quilting class, a english paper piecing class, jewelry classes, rubber stamping, scrapbooking, journaling, and maybe some embroidery.  It is still in the fore front of my mind, and I am continuing to try to get over my fears.

One of my friends mentioned that I should read "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron.  I have "The Creative Life" and "The Right To Write" by that author, and have looked at "The Artist's Way".  Maybe it's time I actually get the book as well as the workbook and read it.  I should see if the library has it before I spend the money on the book.

I honestly believe, if I can figure out how to make money being creative, I will be happy to work.  I guess my newest idea is trying to actually figure out how to make money being creative, and maybe being a social work very, very per diem.  That will be living a radiant life for me!

How do you live a radiant life?

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment