Saturday, September 7, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my newest blog. I had a really hard time deciding to start a new blog. I have been contemplating what I want to do with the rest of my life. I've come to the conclusion that I no longer want to be a traditional social worker. I've felt this way for a long time, but its been really hard trying to decide what I want to actually do. I think I may have figured it out!

As one of my friends put it, "is there anything calling out to you?"  I've been trying to figure out the answer to that question for a long time. There have been lots of things calling out to me, but how can I incorporate them all?  Well, I may have found a way. 

I'm thinking that I need to teach people how to live a radiant life. What, exactly does that mean?  Honestly, I think I'm still trying to figure it all out, but for me, I believe it means allowing the light in your heart and soul to shine!

I believe that through different alternative modalities such as nutrition, creativity, journaling, mind/body work, as well as others, you can get that light that may just be the tiniest glow or it may even have lost its glow, to shine brightly again. I believe that creativity in any form brings out some good and positive in us. I believe that good nutrition, not the standard American diet, impacts us mind, body,and soul. I believe that you need to figure out what feeds that light that shines within each of us and feed it so that it continues to glow brightly. 

I am hoping that I can share on this blog, the things that I learn about feeding ones mind, body, and spirit. In time, I'm hoping that I can learn enough to actually make this my career path and not have to live the rat race of the medical model of social work. 

Wish me luck on my journey and I hope you all decide to follow along and experience your own journey to a more radiant life!

No comments:

Post a Comment